ZERO Avantgarde Arreté cables - a great improvement!

Improvements that make your Audiovectors sing.

ZERO Avantgarde Arreté cables - a great improvement!

Postby admin » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:26 am

Hi everyone

We have just received some very positive feed back regarding our new ZERO Avantgarde Arreté cables.
We could't say it much better ourselves...

Best regards
Admin

”Until now, I have enjoyed listening to my Audiovector R 11 Arreté through Audiovectors fine ZERO Avantgarde speaker cables. Yesterday I borrowed a pair of the brand new ZERO Avantgarde Arreté speaker cables.

I have been listening for most of the evening and night and I can only say: Congratulations! Everything the Zero Avantgarde cable does well, the ZERO Avantgarde Arreté does better. Now I am changing to Arreté! Netrebko sounds better, Dire Straits sounds better, live jazz comes even closer to you. The musical window is deeper, wider and taller, bass performance is deeper and more taut (and the Avantgarde version in’t half bad at bass!) First of all, though, there is a clarity and naturalness in the midrange, which I did not think could be achieved. It should be forbidden to use the R 11 Arreté with anything else than these cables! They bring out the best in these fantastic speakers. (My ZERO Arreté cables are the 2 x 6.3 metre vesrions connected to my Naim top-class system)."
admin
Site Admin

Re: ZERO Avantgarde Arreté cables - a great improvement!

Postby iKogep23 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:52 pm

Hello Audiovector!

I apologize for such a direct question, but I have no one else to ask.

On my system I used Zero compression Super cables. Then Signature. And now Avantgarde. And Avantgarde was better than the more expensive cables from other companies. I had a chance to change it to Zero Compression Avantgarde Arreté. But there is no way to listen to it. Now [with Avantgarde] tonal balance is very correct, but sometimes too much treble (too bright and glare), and sometimes the feeling that the bass can be even better (more focused, deeper, more articulated). Whether I have learned from reviews that Arrete is more correct tonal balance? Will I get a simple gain at high and low frequencies?

To help you understand the current balance in the system:
Improved depth of the bass (the lower limit) - good.
Simply add the amount of bass everywhere - bad
More volume mid - good
Adding the amount of treble - bad

P.S. I hate when too much bass or treble.
iKogep23

Postby admin » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:56 pm

Hello

I am not sure I understand your question, but here are my thoughts:

You need to look at your system as a whole. What you describe would most likely stem from your electronics and from the source material.
If you are happy with the way high frequencies are presented some of the time, but not all the time, the reason its most likely that some of your source material is not that good.

In my experience your cables perform well with a wide range of equipment. However, if this equipment has weaknesses, the cables will not conceal this.

The bass response is heavily room dependent. If you have dominant room modes, the bass will sound loose and have noticeable peaks If your amplifier has poor control, this will also be very audible.

Whichever, the cable is not at fault.

I hope this helps, if not, please feel free to ask more questions.

/Admin
admin
Site Admin

Postby iKogep23 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:43 pm

Well, I ask the question in another way.
Do I understand correctly that Arrete compared with Avantgarde transmits more sound and less interferes with the signal?
Problems with room modes and the music itself for a long time known to me.
iKogep23

Postby admin » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:29 pm

Hi again

You have understood the difference correctly.

Best regards
Admin
admin
Site Admin

ZERO Avantgarde Arrete cables a great improvement

Postby Alonzosor » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:19 am

I usually try and go for an oiled type finish. Id imagine that cables like this would get some superficial corrosion but certainly wouldnt be "rusted through"
Alonzosor

Postby admin » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:24 pm

Hi

Corrotion is not an issue with our cables, (internal) connections are crimped and sealed.

With cables with quality terminations, oxydation is not something to worry about. When the cable is pushed into the speaker terminal, it slides against the terminal with force, blocking for air between the two surfaces. Should you not have complete faith in this, you can reinsert the cable into the terminals from time to time.

I am not sure if this accomplishes anything, except peace of mind.

/Admin
admin
Site Admin

Postby iKogep23 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:21 am

Hi!

Last weekend I got a box with Audiovector Zero Compression Avantgarde Arreté cables!
A year ago I've changed A pair of Nordost Frey 2 with Audiovector Zero Compression Avantgarde. I will not go into details, the most noticeable change - a very significant improvement / increase in reverberation and increasing stage.

Avantgarde Arreté very interesting cable! But it strongly depends on the sound level of the system and the quality of music because Arreté and Avantgarde formally have the same character. In short, Arreté - cable with a higher resolution and a more natural sound. Dynamics also greatly increased, and the more complex the music - the more it's noticeable. The scene has also increased: height rose to the ceiling and the depth became deeper. Bass became deeper, HF became higher. And all this is complemented by a more distinct middle range.

And one very interesting effect. Turn the volume up - improved dynamics and bass gets deeper. Increases are even higher - and the music even more dynamic and deeper. Right full compliance with the concept of Zero Compression!
iKogep23

Return to Tweaks and Tricks